1/06/2007

1 Nephi 1 - Of Goodly Parents & Mercy

It wasn't until I was a parent myself, that I realized Nephi made this statement about "being born of goodly-parents" after he was already a dad. So, I feel less pressure to have my kids walking around spurting compliments like this one.
I really loved what the newest apostle said about the 'Tender Mercies of the Lord' (Conference Report from October 2004). Nephi states it in verse 20, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
I cannot count the times that our family has been shown the 'tender mercies of the Lord' in delivering us. Whether from the storm tossed seas outside our beach front window during the Nor'Easter of 2001, or being lost, locked out, injured, sick, hungry, broke, etc. the Lord has seen fit to spare us and let us live to tell the tale, that Jesus is the Savior of the World.

No comments: