This time around, I'd like to share three and a half things (the last one will be continued in tonight's reading):
- 1 Ne 3:5 — More about murmuring, again, it's Laman and Lemuel murmuring because they really don't understand what's going on.
- 1 Ne 3:6 — This time, we read that Nephi is favored of the Lord because he doesn't murmer against Him.
- 1 Ne 3:7 — This one's too good not to quote -
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
- 1 Ne 3:11-4:38 — This section contains three examples of trying to accomplish the Lord's work.
- 1 Ne 3:11-14 — Nephi and his brothers try to do things on their own (Laman trying to talk Laban into giving them the Brass Plates), it doesn't work.
- 1 Ne 3:16-27 — Nephi and his brothers try to do things the world's way (they gather up all their treasures and try to buy the Brass Plates); again, it doesn't work.